You’re in! You got it! I am happy for you
But don’t let that excitement make you forget how you got here and what you need to do to stay, grow and succeed here.
Steps I have found useful in this stage are:
- Focus on your success metrics which you found out during the interview. If you didn’t find that out then, ask your manager now.
- Give weekly updates to your manager without them asking. This helps carry them along and lets them know you are working
- Be willing to take on projects, complete them and present them well. Presentation is key, else it looks like you did baby work.
- Taking on projects helps you create achievements to include in your CV and increases your value to the company so you can easily get promotions and salary raises
- Save, invest and save. So you have something for the rainy day.
- Always close at closing time; all work and no play makes Jack/Jill dull. You have to learn to disconnect from work, so you have time to recharge.
- And most importantly, always give your bestest best, do your work till it sings!
And that’s all folks! You’ve got the Job Thinking thing on a wrap